Sunday, October 26, 2008

Anniversary -Nine years

This weekend was our nine year Anniversary. I haven't posted for awhile, and I don't have any new pictures of us to post, but I thought that I would at least say a little about our fabulous weekend. We ended up booking a night at the new Marriott Hotel in Lehi. It was originally expensive to stay there, but I found out they give a huge discount to state employees. I don't think any of our Hotels have been as nice as this one. It was wonderful.We also decided to go to our favorite Restaurant "Harvest" at Thanksgiving Point. It too, like always was terrific. If you ever have a chance go and eat there, do it. Its what some of my friends call "Fancy Food"- but I love it. Always have!We also went to a movie, GhostTown. If you like "The Office" then you'll love this movie. It has a lot of dry humor and I think it takes awhile to get used to the main character, but overall it is a really good show. Anyway, we just stayed for that one night. It has been 5 years since we have been able to get away from our children overnight, so it was great.

7 comments:

Amy A. said...

Sounds like fun guys! I am glad you were able to get away. Well I am jealous actually. Congrats on the 9 years

Cameron's Corner said...

Funny you'd compare Ghosttown to the Office. The main character in the movie, Ricky Gervais, is the main guy in the British version of The Office.

Happy Anniversary.

Heather Kelley Pinegar said...

Sounds like a heavenly get-a-way to me!! We might copy your idea :)
So, is it just that Marriot that gives discounts to us state employees or do all of them...do you know?

Caroline said...

Happy 9th Anniversary! So glad you could get away. Even one night is a great get away. Congratulations!

Amber Carter said...

Sounds like you were due for a night with out the kiddos. How relaxing and fun! Congrats on the Anniversary!

Spackman's said...

Happy 9th! Time goes by way to fast. I am glad you guys went you deserve it! Love ya

Jenna said...

I love Harvest! Happy Anniversary.