Saturday, August 07, 2010

Anchor Bay 2010

Anchor Bay seemed like a quick trip this year. I only took Cameron and Zachary and left Traci with the 2 younger boys at home. There was no way we were going to attempt camping with a 6 month old baby. We stayed in the "tree House" a small 12x14 foot shed that is on the back of my parents property. We had a ton of fun, even though most of the week the temperature was in the low 50's. We only saw 2 days of sun, and it was greatly appreciated! I didn't know I could be so cold this time of the year! Fishing was a lot of fun from my kayak. I learned very quickly that I need a patch to fight sea-sickness. I didn't do so good in that area. Ugh. Its no fun throwing up off of a kayak. We didn't catch a lot, but we had fun going out and braving the weather and waves. It will be even better next year, now that I have some good experience behind me! Until next year Anchor Bay!


My Brothers little girl, Sadie.  She has the most amazing blue eyes!

A picture from top of the hill.  We fished mostly around that rock.  The water was pretty rough most of the time.  This was also one of the 2 days that we got any sun.

Zachary

Cameron

A few fish I caught

My brother with his pedal driven Hobie Kayak.

One of the fish we caught.  Most of them were pretty small.

Cameron and Zachary at the Saturday Party.

Cameron and Zachary

A picture just to show how cold and foggy it was most of the time!

Brian washing out my Kayak after he rolled it in the surf.  LOL

Some of the fish we caught.

My Dad, who is doing great!

Anchor Bay Sunset

Amber's DELICIOUS potatoes that she cooked in her dutch oven

My parting shot after my last day of fishing.

3 comments:

Dawney said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! I'm glad your dad is doing so well. Traci is probably glad to have everyone home! :) ...did you bust out the Magnum PI? ha ha ha

Amber Carter said...

Great pictures, Chris! That was fun, but I'm hoping for more sunny days next year!!!

Amber Carter said...

You should have included the picture that Brian took of you with your BIG catch! LOL That was one of my favorite. :)