Sunday, July 27, 2008

End of Week 1

I got a little behind in my posts. I honestly have been enjoying myself WAY too much. If heaven is anything like this, lets go, because I AM READY. I forget how blissful(is that a word?) Anchor Bay really is. It has been a long time coming for this trip, and everything has been great.
On the downside, there have been a few "hickups" along the way. -Doesnt everyone have those on family vacations? Honestly, I think everyone does, but no one cares to admit it. We will! Zac got sick on Wednesday morning. He threw up all over Nathan, my brother and his carpet. I was really worried about him, but he seemed to snap out of it after one more little episode later that morning. Well, silly me to to think that it ended there! Friday night, we had the entire family up at the coast(minus my sister and her family... so i guess it isn't the entire family then, is it?) and Jason, my brother made Dutch oven blackberry something or other... We had a wonderful dinner- and at around 1030- the sickness hit me. Blah. Lets just say i was visiting the plastic lined brown bag outside of the tent every hour until about 5 that next morning. It was pretty nasty. So that had me down and out all of Saturday, and Traci caught a touch of it on Sunday(today). She hasn't been throwing up like me, but she feels pretty lowsy. Hopefully this is the end of it, even though I know Cameron is the last to get it.
So I cant post photos here at Anchor Bay, the wireless link is pretty weak, so I will have to get some up when I get back tomorrow. Either way, I have 200+ photos to sort through- and all of them are great, so its going to be tuff job picking which ones I want posted!
Tonight is our last night, and I will truely miss this place until next year. I recommend it for anyone that is in the Northern area of Califonia to visit. It holds a special place in my heart.

4 comments:

Cameron's Corner said...

Did you get a photo of the blackberry something or other barf? Post that one for sure.

Spackman's said...

So you should do a slide show so I can see all of your pictures :) Sorry you guys got sick that sucks. But what is vacation without a little set back ha ha

Anonymous said...

Ewww, I am glad you are better, it stinks to be sick. I love you all, and can't wait to see you again.

Dawney said...

I am so sorry that you all (well almost all of you) ended up sick. I am also happy to hear that you had a good time in general. Welcome home when you get here!