Friday, April 04, 2008

Freaky Friday

I think that I need to reiterate how funny Cameron's Blog actually is. I had a long day. It started with getting assigned to a Jury Trial that was in its last day. So we had about 3 hours of closing statements and jury instruction before breaking for deliberation. The problem lies in the actual deliberation. We can't leave the court house, in case they come out with a decision, or they need to see our inmate-errr- defendant. So we sat at the court house until just after 5p.m., when they came out with the verdict. The inmate was found guilty; of... solicitation to commit murder(or something like that- he tried to hire a hit man to kill his ex-girl friend). -But I really wasn't interested in the case, I was just tired of sitting around and watching the paint dry. I just wanted to go home. So we got back, dropped off our stuff, and headed home. Half way home, my truck broke down. Wouldn't you know it, on the freeway of all places! And to think, I had an appointment on Tuesday for it to get worked on! What luck. Here is where my lesson was learned for the week.I pulled over and waited for the truck to cool down. After about 20 minutes, Highway Patrol pulled up behind me. He offered to call me a tow truck, which i kindly obliged. After about 20 minutes, the guy arrives, we get hooked up and were on our way. As we get moving , the tow truck driver begins to tell me about the tow fee. No, it wasn't a $50 fee, or even a $90 dollar fee. It was a $200.00 fee to tow it from American Fork to my house in Orem, approximately 12 miles. Wow. Thats roughly $16 dollars a mile! I think I was so shocked- that I just came home and laughed! So, the moral of the story is, don't let the highway patrol call a tow truck for you. I found out that its done under "emergency" circumstances, and thus they charge a higher premium because they have to arrive in under 20 minutes to clear the tow. So learn from my lesson!!!
Anyway, I digress. Back to what I started with: I think that everyone should really check out Cameron's Blog. I came home and felt that I had been run over by a tow truck- it had been a long day. I managed to get the kids down, thanks to Tyson (who watched my kids until I got home) and then sat down to vegetate and read some news. I flipped to Cameron's blog, and I felt so much better! I got another great laugh(as always). He really does do a great job, and of coarse I agree with pretty much everything he talks about. I am totally for the Death Penalty-its just natural selection! Its up to us to weed out the bad ones. Florida does in on a regular basis, and they seem to be doing great! One last thing Cameron, I couldn't agree with you more- Global Warming is a FARCE. Its just a way to make more money from us poor people. Don't go Green, Vote for Cameron.

1 comment:

Chris said...

just for the record, the ideas and opinions of this post are that of Chris only and NOT of Traci. I'm the kinder gentler one. Love you Chris. Traci