Thursday, July 30, 2009

60's Hippie Party

This years theme was a 60's Hippie Party. It turned out to be really fun. My dad called me around 2 weeks before we came out, and suggested I be a San Francisco Tactical Swat Officer. I guess he had a few "run ins" (hahaha) with them in the 60's and they were a pretty big part of San Francisco. I didn't really think that it was that great of an idea, and frankly thought that it would go off like a dud. To my surprise, I was the big "hit" (no pun intended) at the party! I had more than a handful of people come up to me and tell me they clearly remembered encountering the S.F. Tac squad and didn't have the fondest memories of it... They had a good time poking the stick at me. I even got a few chants of "HELL NO WE WON'T GO!" lol They really liked that I used a garbage can lid as a shield, and that I purposely misspelled Squad as "Squid". Overall, it was another great party. Thanks to all the LLC Members who put all the work into the decorations and catering the food- great as always!





2 comments:

Amber Carter said...

Ha, ha! These pictures are great! Makes me laugh just thinking about all the costumes. Your dad was awesome. The "Hell no, we wont go" was too funny too. Ah, good times.

Dawney said...

LOL! I love that you went as a cop to the hippy party! You guys look cute in all your hippy-ness!!! :)